What is a child’s greatest needs? Food, clothing safety? Yes! And right up there with those is comfort. That is not a swiss word. In-fact I had a hard time finding the right german word. Trost might be close.
Alot of mums confuse encourage and comforts.
comÂ·fortÂ·ed, comÂ·fortÂ·ing, comÂ·forts
1. To soothe in time of affliction or distress.
2. To ease physically; relieve.
1. A condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, well-being, and contentment.
2. Solace in time of grief or fear.
3. Help; assistance: gave comfort to the enemy.
4. One that brings or provides comfort.
5. The capacity to give physical ease and well-being: enjoying the comfort of my favorite chair.
6. Chiefly Southern & Lower Northern U.S. A quilted bedcover; a comfort
enÂ·courÂ·age (n-kÃ»rj, -kr-)
tr.v. enÂ·courÂ·aged, enÂ·courÂ·agÂ·ing, enÂ·courÂ·agÂ·es
1. To inspire with hope, courage, or confidence; hearten.
2. To give support to; foster: policies designed to encourage private investment.
3. To stimulate; spur: burning the field to encourage new plant growth.
Kids really need someone who soothes them, someone who listens to them and helps ease their pain – daily. Life out there is tough, school, friends, neighbours traffic etc is tough. I would like my home to be a place where my kids can come home to, be comforted and encouraged. Another word could be love but you can love without comforting…..
Yes, I’m trying to tell myself that what we mums do IS IMPORTANT and that it will make a difference in my children’s life if I’m a good mum 🙂